Sunday 11 November 2012

Too busy to exercise?




 



Now, let me say this once, loud and clear; YOU DO NOT NEED LOTS OF MONEY, A GYM MEMBERSHIP OR A LOT OF FREE TIME TO FIT EXERCISE INTO YOUR WEEK.  I am a busy stay at home mum with 5 children (aged 2, 4, 6, 12 & 13) and I think if I can do it, pretty much anyone can! 
 
At the end of the day, it's all about PRIORITIES.  We all have the same number of hours each day, and if you watch T.V, surf the net, visit Facebook regularly or read novels, YOU HAVE TIME TO EXERCISE!!  No more excuses!  You are important, and you need to look after yourself...you need more energy to get all that stuff done right?  Well, exercise is how you can that extra energy.  Admittedly, to start with, it will take a little of your energy, but after a few weeks, you will start to feel stronger and more energised.  YOU ARE WORTH IT! 
 
Two exercise tips:
 
1.  The best kind of exercise is the one you will do.   What works for one person, may not work for you, find what you enjoy doing (or maybe even just hate less!) and do that.  Change it up often, and vary your routine for best results.  I do a Kettlebell DVD at 5.30am with my hubby during the week, walk about 50 minutes + a day (dropping kids to school & kindy) and do interval sprints on my stationary bike on Saturdays.  I also randomly do planks & push ups when ever I think of it (yeah, I know, I'm weird!).  If you are very unfit, I recommend walking, aqua aerobics, or using a rebounder (mini trampoline) to start with.
 
2.  Wear comfortable work-out clothes during the week.  I pretty much live in yoga pants, t-shirts & sneakers during the week and save my jeans & skirts for the weekend.  Then whenever I get a few spare minutes I can drop and do a few push-ups, plank for minute or put on a workout DVD and do 15-20 minutes in between jobs.  There are many strength exercises you can do at home with NO equipment!  If you are wearing jeans or a skirt, you are MUCH less likely to take advantage of any little moments of time you may have in the course of your day to exercise, because it's too much hassle to get changed.  And do not think that it's not worth doing 5, 10 or 15 minutes of exercise - it IS, and it all adds up.  You really don't need to spend as much time exercising as you may think.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment